Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review: Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado

I was thrilled when Booksneeze sent me this book to review. I have always enjoyed and been inspired by Max Lucado's writing and this book did not disappoint me.

In this book Lucado writes about living in your sweet spot - that place where your uniqueness can be used to make a big deal out of God every day. This is your theme, the place where, when you find it,  you know you belong.

Throughout this book Lucado repeatedly points out that we were each created for a purpose and given the tools to fulfill that purpose. It is when we live according to this purpose, using the talents and strengths that God gave each of us, that we are effective for Him.

At the end of the book Lucado provides a questionaire to fill out that is a great help in finding one's own sweet spot by looking back on life's high points. These high points are the ones that were the most fulfilling and felt like the best "fit" when living them.

I found this book to be very encouraging as I seek to live life as the person God called me to be, not the person that society would tell me I should be. It is a book that I am sure I will be reading again in the future. I will also likely use it with my teenagers in our homeschool studies.



No comments:

Post a Comment