Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cornstarch Paint





Last week we made some Cornstarch Paint using this Homemade Edible Finger Paint recipe from The Imagination Tree.


I had originally thought we would also use it as finger paint but neither Khristian or Michael wanted to put their fingers in it. They decided instead to use the popsicle sticks that I had used to stir in the food coloring. And that was fine since they were having a good time and enjoying the creative process.





Khristian especially loved the pinks.







Michael loved painting but was less than impressed when some got on his fingers.






After this recipe sits for awhile it becomes an almost pudding like consistency. We are definitely going to be using this again. One day soon I'm planning to let them take a batch of this outside to paint rocks and sticks and trees let their imaginations run with it.

~ Linking Here ~



12 comments:

  1. I like that painting, excellent results, I really like the work of the child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check that recipe out. My granddaughter spends every afternoon after school with me and always wants a craft to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lots of fun. Look at all those colours! We still need to try cornstarch paint!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I not tried this yet? Love all the vibrant colors. I am visiting from Kids Get Crafty. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love cornstarch and water at our house...but I never would have thought to paint with it! What a fantastic idea!
    Would you mind sharing it with my readers as well?
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an ooey, gooey, fun project! The colors are stunning! I am pinning this as a must do!! Thanks for linkinkg up to TGIF! Have a GREAT thanksgiving & I will see you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My last experience with cornstarch paint wasn't the best - I know I just need to use it for different type of art than I was. I love what you've done with it and I absolutly LOVE your idea to take it outside. I'll have to save that idea for a warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh...this would be a great project for my little ones who are allergic to gluten. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That recipe sounds great! And it looks like your kids had a great time painting!

    Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great, never made it myself, so thanks for the inspiration and for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to try this! Great fun and love the colors you made!

    Thanks for linking your idea to the Sunday Showcase last week. Hope to see you this week!

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this before! How fun! And this is so perfect for my new linky party. I'd love if you would come by and share this (or any other fun activities) at my first Thrifty Thursday Linky Party this week! It is a place to specifically share FREE (or nearly free) learning activities. Come check it out!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/11/its-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year-and-a-little-about-my-new-linky-party/

    ReplyDelete