Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday, April 5, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . it's dark and 44 degrees. Today has been cooler and although we still spent some time outside it wasn't as much as we've been most days lately.


I am thinking . . . that I really need a kitchen elf to come clean up my kitchen.


I am thankful . . . that Michael's kidney ultrasound came back good and that the brain MRI did not show any masses or tumors. 


In the kitchen . . . I made Salami Cheese Biscuit Squares. We had some for  lunch and I was able to put some in the freezer for later. 








I am going . . . we went this evening to our church's Love Feast and Foot Washing and Communion Service. It was a blessing and I'm so glad we went.




I am looking forward to . . . going to the Easter egg hunt at church with Michael and our friend's little girl on Saturday afternoon. 




Around the house . . . I am sitting with CJ and Michael while they go to sleep, Doug has already gone to bed and Austin and Amanda just got home from grandma's house and are settling in for the night.


I am pondering . . . Truth


A favorite quote for today . . . Labels are for clothing. Labels are for filing. Labels are not for people. ~ Martina Navratilova


A peek into my day . . . I know this picture is not the greatest quality but I thought this scene was so neat - CJ and Austin discussing K-nex creations while Christopher happily lays there and drinks his bottle. 





2 comments:

  1. wow~ Salami Cheese Biscuit Squares sounds interesting! checking out the recipe now!

    ReplyDelete