Sunday, April 14, 2013

Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal



I've been planning for a long time now to try making a batch of baked oatmeal and finally, yesterday, I made some. A friend from church had given me a recipe that looked really good and I decided to add a little to it just for fun. 

Here is the basic recipe I was given with my additions in italics.

1/2 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can apple pie filling

Mix oil, sugar and eggs together. Add dry ingredients and apple pie filling. Mix. Stir in milk (can add raisins, nuts, etc.) Pour in greased 9x13 pan. Bake 30 minutes and 350 degrees F. Cut in squares while warm and serve with milk. 

I sprinkled some brown sugar on top when I served it. Some ate it with milk and some without. It was a definite hit and will be making an appearance on our breakfast table again very soon. 

~ Linking Here ~

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I would probably eat it, but my kids wouldn't. They like it plain. I have to choke it down on most days. :)

    ReplyDelete