Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Morning at the Park and More - The Walnut Acre Daily July 23, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
    proclaim his salvation day after day.
~ Psalm 96:2 ~



WORKING, PLAYING AND LEARNING TOGETHER

We spent the morning at the park again. We packed our morning snack and our lunch so we didn't have to hurry back. It was a wonderful morning!

All aboard. Amanda was with us too but she was in the front with me and I couldn't get her in the picture. 










ON MY MIND

I've been thinking today about how sometimes I get so stressed out over what I think I should be able to get done. My garden has really been bothering me lately, the weeds have taken over and I can't seem to get down there to reclaim it. I finally decided that if it was important the time would be opened up for me to do it and otherwise I would continue to focus on what I the most important things - taking care of my family and the children in my care. It is so easy to decide that things are a priority when they really aren't and to feel bad when those self imposed tasks don't get done, Interesting enough, when I stopped stressing over it I began to see ways that maybe I can schedule things and arrange our activities to get the time I want to work in the garden. I'll be trying it tomorrow and see if it works out. Either way, I've once again been reminded of the importance of truly keeping priorities properly prioritized. 

OTHER

 Doug and I had a class at People Places this evening. We are excited about training to once again be foster parents. We have one more class yet and also lots of paperwork but we're slowly getting closer to our goal. 

TODAY'S QUOTE

Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~ Les Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment