Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Blessed Sunday, Prayer and Praise Page and Avocado Baked Eggs - The Walnut Acre Daily Sunday August 11, 2013


WORDS TO LIVE BY

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. ~ Psalm 46:1

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

Today has been a wonderful day! 

Church this morning was such a blessing from the time we walked in to the time we left. Talking with others, choir, Sunday School, the worship and the sermon, all of it touched me in some way. 

The afternoon was lazy. We just relaxed and took it easy.

This evening we went back to church for the prayer meeting and once again we were blessed. I feel energized and ready to face a new week.

IN THE KITCHEN

We tried Avocado Baked Eggs this evening and we loved them! So I'm sharing the recipe here. 



Avocado Baked Eggs

3 avocados, halved and pitted
6 eggs*
salt and black pepper to taste
shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place each avocado half in muffin tin.
Crack one egg into each avocado half, season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
Bake in the preheated oven until egg is cooked through, about 15 minutes. 
Enjoy!

*Next time I'm going try using three eggs and scrambling them together before pouring into the avocados. A whole egg was too much for the avocados I had and a lot of egg spilled into the muffin tin. 

ON MY MIND

What am I doing today to make the most of the gifts God has given me, to live out His plan for my life and to bring Him glory? How am I living out the beauty and glory and love of the Spirit of God who lives within me? How am I sharing those gifts with others? I am not blessed to hold tight to the blessing but to open my hands and my heart and share in the unique and special ways that He has for me to share. And the same of is true of every child of God. What an honor and privilege, an exciting adventure!


OTHER

I would love if you would check out the new page on my blog - Prayer and Praise - A Place For Your Prayer Requests and Praise for His Goodness

TODAY'S QUOTE

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm always looking for new egg recipes. I found you through I Should Be Mopping the Floor and would love for you to come share at my weekly From the Farm Barn Hop: http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2013/08/from-farm-blog-hop_9.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! Holly

    ReplyDelete