Monday, August 12, 2013

First Day After Vacation - The Walnut Acre Daily Monday August 12, 2013


WORDS TO LIVE BY

For this God is our God for ever and ever;
    He will be our guide even to the end.
~ Psalm 48:14

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

Our first day back to work after our vacation started out with a Boom. Or more like a crash. Austin went to get Christopher up this morning and on his way down the steps slipped. He made sure Christopher didn't get hurt and in the process he took the brunt of the fall - bouncing down the stairs on his backside with no way to stop his fall. He says he's okay, but I'm guessing he's going to hurt from that for awhile. Christopher was surprised but not hurt. 

It was nice to have the kids back again and Michael was glad to have someone to play with. I was glad to get back into routine. I just don't function well without a routine and then I get frustrated because I'm not getting anything done. My friend Jennifer says I just don't know how to relax.

Here are a few pictures of some of the fun we had today.

Backyard car repair?





IN THE KITCHEN


Our meals today were simple. We had cereal with milk, bananas and juice for breakfast this morning. Amanda fixed taquitos, peas and applesauce for lunch and Austin fixed hotdogs, onion rings and lima beans for dinner.

ON MY MIND

God is a creative God, all we have to do is look around His creation to see that. And if I am His child, and His spirit lives within me, that creativity also flows through me. So my question to myself is this - How can I embrace each moment is such a way that I allow His creativity to flow through me into the situation I am in?


READING AROUND THE WEB


TODAY'S QUOTE

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up. ~ Allen Klein



1 comment: