Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dentist Appointment, Red Stew and More: The Walnut Acre Daily - January 15, 2015

WORDS TO LIVE BY


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, -Romans 5:1

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER


Somehow I didn't get any pictures today. 

Austin had a dentist appointment today. It turned out to be a really long one - around two hours. On our way out to the dentist the school called and said one of the kids I babysit wasn't feeling well. So I dropped Austin off at the dentists office, went to the school to pick her up, and then went back to the dentist's office. While we were gone Michael stayed at my sister's. 

This afternoon was quiet. Michael and Mateah watched a movie while I did some online work.

This evening has been quiet too. All three of my kids are at my sister's for the evening. 

IN THE KITCHEN


I made a pork stew for dinner this evening. When I was deciding which vegetables to put in the stew I noticed a head of red cabbage in the refrigerator and decided to add that. I didn't realize how much the color in the cabbage would color the rest of the vegetables. When I took it out of the oven I was surprised to see that all the other vegetables were reddish purple too - the carrots, green pepper, potatoes, and onion were all red. I was making this for both my family and my sister's so I had to explain what it was I was bringing them. At least it tasted better than it looked.


READING AROUND THE WEB


TODAY'S QUOTE

Remember, if you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns. - Allison Gappa Bottke

DAILY DEALS




1 comment:

  1. I'm VERY glad the dentist's office let you do that. Where I go, the parent must be in the building. Hope tomorrow is calmer!

    ReplyDelete