Sunday, February 8, 2015

Together is Better




I woke up this morning with full intentions of pulling my sister aside at some point today and having a "vent" session. I was frustrated, nearly in tears and really just plain angry. I had been fighting these feelings for several days and had just had enough. 

But then church happened. It often catches me by surprise (really, I should know by now) how much a morning of true worship, of prayers with my fellow travelers, of hugs, and smiles, and shared laughter and tears, changes things. And then to top it off with truth and encouragement, preached in love, delivered with grace! 

I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord. Psalm 122:1

It's not that we're all perfect or all have everything in order. Each week many of us walk in with the weight of the week on our shoulders, with frustration (me) or hurt or worry or even anger (um, me again). But there's a reason God tells us to gather with other people who are also walking this journey through life. Because, as a body, we are so blessed by His collective work in us  - blessed with changed perspective, with encouragement, with renewed strength, and a sense of hope and peace. Together is better. What a gift!

 I know I was.  And my sister was spared a venting session so it's a gift that just keeps on giving.

Linking Here
SUNDAY -The Weekend Brew MONDAY - Modest Mom BlogThe Art  of Home-making Monday, TUESDAY - RaRa Linkup WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop THURSDAY - The Inspiration Gallery FRIDAY - Fellowship Fridays SATURDAY -The Saturday Soiree, My Favorite Things

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm stopping over from The Weekend Brew and am so glad I did. Love what you wrote.... I also had a great morning in church today. Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find church to be the same way. I missed this morning because my daughter has a cold. I hope she is not going to get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always leave mass thinking of the week ahead and leaving the past week behind, I feel so serene and peaceful, that I know I need to start going to mass more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Church, community, worship and God-what a perfect combination! Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew and for blessing me with these words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very true!! Thank you for joining us at the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise, worship, and fellowship have a way of dispelling negativity, don't they? Glad you spared your sister. ;) Stopping by from #RaRaLinkup. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete