Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Schedule - A Framework for My Days

I love schedules! There's something about having a schedule in black and white that just helps me feel more at ease and helps me stay productive. To me a schedule is just a kind of framework for my day. It helps to ensure that things stay balanced, that I make time for what's important to me at this time. And because following a schedule or routine ensures that things get done regularly it's not disastrous if something interrupts because I know I can just pick it up again and keep going.

 I love reading other people's schedules. Since it's been a long time since I've shared one here I thought I'd share my current schedule. My days now look so much different than they used too and I feel very fortunate to have the life I do. 

The times I have labelled homemaking I had originally labelled housework/kids but the term homemaking better captures what I'm aiming for during this time. This time includes housework, activities with kids, cooking, gardening and taking care of the animals. I also have teenagers who help with a lot of this work so it's not all up to me. That's another big blessing. 



6:00 Personal (Get ready for the day)
6:15 Bible Reading
6:30 Online Work (this blog and things associated with it)
7:00 Homemaking
7:30 Online Work
8:00 Homemaking
9:00* Shared Learning Time (Mon/Wed) Homemaking (Tues/Thurs)
11:00 Lunch/ Email
11:30 Homemaking
12:00 Read w/Austin and Amanda
1:00 Online Work (some afternoons there is also schoolwork to supervise)
3:00 Homemaking
6:00 Dinner
6:30 Homemaking
7:30 Read w/Michael
8:00 Online Work
10:00 Personal
10:30 Read
11:00 Bedtime

Wednesday we have church in the evening, some Monday evenings and Thursday afternoons I have meetings, and some Friday evenings we have Bible Study. Friday is also our errand day so we leave the house around 9:00 and then just pick up the schedule at whatever time we get home. 

*Shared Learning Time is when I am at my sister's and do a variety of learning activities with the kids their and with Michael. On the days we're home Michael has school assignments we work on together. 

LINKING HERE
WEDNESDAY - Ladies Collective Linkup, Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment